Provided By: Ross Langford
Our three day First Aid at Work Course is set to provide a comprehensive set of practical skills needed by first aiders in the majority of workplaces and those looking after a large group of people. The course is set around providing the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies and become a pro-active first aider.
As one of our most thorough first aid courses, our experienced course providers will inspire and promote learning through a wide range of practical activities and scenarios, assessment tasks and continuous observation so that you have a chance to put what you have learnt into practice in a practical and comfortable environment.
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care
- Basic life support
- The causes of unconsciousness
- Resuscitation, adult CPR
- Identification and treatment of chocking
- Hypovolemic shock
- Treatment of trauma, wounds and bleeds
- Identification and treatment of head injuries
- The treatment of burns and scalds
- Identification and treatment of extremity injuries
- Seizures, adult
- Treatment of other medical conditions
- Health and safety regulations
- Rules and regulations of best practice
This course takes place over three days and will run at a number of suitable venues throughout the year. The course is also available upon request to groups by simply contacting us beforehand.